Crested Butte Bike Week History
Along with Marin and Cupertino in California, Crested Butte is one of the first places in the world where people started taking their bikes off roads and into the mountains for fun. And being Crested Butte, we came up with one of the most fun ways to get into the mountains: Crested Butte Bike Week. Filled with races, shenanigans, and more, the history of bike week is one of a mountain community bringing the best mountain bikers in the world to the home of mountain biking.
Crested Butte Bike Week Today
Bike week is now a 4 day celebration of all things mountain bike in the Gunnison Valley. We still have the big thigh burner of a singletrack race, the Fat Tire 40, but now CB Bike Week is more of a celebration of how mountain biking defines our community in the summer. Clinics, a Film Festival, the Chainless World Championships, good beer, and a great party.
Whether you’re looking to cruise down Kebler on a townie, mash singletrack miles on your XC bike, or experience the joy of lift served downhill at Evolution Bike Park, we’ve got you covered with Bike Week:
- Clinics: gO Ride team members will lead throughout the weekend. Learn More.
- Film Fest: an evening full of mtb films. Learn More
- Races: Chainless World Championships, Fat Tire 40, Jr Wildflower Classic. Learn More
- Bridges of the Butte Townie Tour: 12 hours of bikes and fun supporting Adaptive Sports Center. Learn More
- Discounted tickets at CBMR’s Evolution Bike Park! Enjoy lift-served downhill all weekend for just $20/day! Learn More